How can I get Sanliv Bathroom Towel Rack Installation Instructions? This guide will share all you need to know when you’re installing your own bathroom towel rack. Installing bathroom towel racks are quite a simple process. However, keep in mind that wet towels will hang from these racks, so they must be installed to support the weight. Since the weight of a wet towel (also including hand washers and bathers) can be some what weighted down, it’s always important to hang one side of the towel rack on a stud, not just the drywall. Check out the following guidelines to help you securely install a new bathroom towel rack in 5 easy steps.
1. Measure and mark. Hold the bath fixture rack up to the wall and center it. Make a mark at each end. Use a stud finder to check for studs at each mark. Use your level to make sure the marks are even.
2. Loosely attach one side. Attach one mounting plate to the wall, but don’t tighten the screw all the way. If there is a stud present at one of the marks, screw the mounting plate directly into the stud. If there is no stud, use your power drill to screw in a metal toggle anchor until its head is flush with the wall. Attach the mounting bracket by turning the screw directly into the anchor.
3. Check the measurement. Slide one side of the towel bar onto the installed mounting plate and check that the other mark is at the correct distance. Install the other mounting plate, using a toggle anchor if necessary. Do not tighten the screw all the way.
4. Tighten the screws. Place the towel rack over the mounting plates and make sure it’s level. You can adjust the mounting plates up or down by hand because you haven’t tightened the screws yet. When you’re finished leveling, remove the towel rack and tighten the screws in the mounting plates.
5. Attach the bar. Reattach the towel bar to the mounting plates. Use an allen key — usually included with the towel rack kit — to tighten the tiny screws on the underside of the towel rack ends. Tighten until the towel rack is secure.
Warnings: While the standard towel bar height is 48 inches from the floor, or 36 inches in a children’s bathroom, it’s more practical to install your towel rack at the height that best suits your bathroom. Place the towel rack within easy reach of the shower or bathtub.